1973 Union Blvd.
Bay Shore, New York 11706
BIO CRYO UNIT
For Post Op Swelling and Sports Injury
Bio Cryo Cold Compression System is a gradient, sequential, pneumatic compression device, intended for the primary treatment of Tendinitis, Hamstring Pulls, Joint Inflammation Edema, Post-op Ankle and Knee Injuries, Soft Tissue Injuries, for acute sprains, bruises and other musculoskeletal injuries. This device is intended for home or hospital use.
This state of the art system consists of a sequential circulator and an easy zip-on Biocomfort garment providing sequential, gradient compression and cold therapy to any extremity. Two extremities can be treated simultaneously. After removing the garment from the freezer, BIOCRYO maintains a constant 40ºF skin interface temperature for several hours.
Pneumatic compression is contraindicated for the patients with:
1. Congestive heart failure
2. Deep vein thrombosis
3. Inflammatory phlebitis or episodes of pulmonary embolism
4. Infections in the limb, including cellulitis, without appropriate antibiotic coverage
5. Presence of lymphangiosarcoma
• Safely administers cold, sequential, gradient compression
• Delivers deep tissue cold therapy
• Strategically placed soft, compliant inner ribs ensure consistent, cold therapy throughout
• Stays cold hours longer than ice or gel
• Does not expose tissue to extreme temperature
• Can treat two extremities simultaneously
The Bio Cryo Unit is covered by private insurers on a case by case basis. It is not covered by Medicare at this time.
Please contact OJ Medtech as we are insurance reimbursement experts to determine if the Bio Cryo Unit is a covered benefit with your plan.